1) How do I donate sums greater than $10,000?
Because the maximum one time sum transferable via Paypal is $10,000, gifts greater than this amount are most easily received through check or wire transfer. Please contact us for additional options. Because Paypal charges a ~2% fee for non-profits, checks are the best way to donate.
2) Are recognitions limited to PGSS alumni?
All donors will be equally eligible for all honors.
3) What is the best way to donate?
Because Paypal charges a ~2% fee for non-profits, checks are the best way to donate.
4) What happens to the received contributions if enough money is raised for summer 2013? Will the money I contribute be rolled over to the following year?
If we meet our goal for the 2013 program, we plan to save money toward our commitment for 2014. If it ever becomes apparent that we cannot continue to fund the program in the future, we wwould donate our funds to another worthy science-education nonprofit, such as the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh.
5) What’s the long term outlook for funding? Are alumni donations a sustainable method?
We currently need to average only $200 per alumni per year. That is certainly a sustainable number. Put another way, Pennsylvania spent $4000 per alumni to let them attend PGSS for free. All we need is for the alumni to repay that debt over a 20-year period.
6) What about other sources of funding? Any chance of getting the state to re-fund the program?
We are actively searching for numerous other sources of funding. We are now in partnership with the state, have secured several grants and are applying for other funding sources.
We are also looking into ways to lower the cost of running the program.
If you have any suggestions of potential funding sources, we'd love to hear from you! We also need volunteers to help contact the many relevant organizations.
7) What is your Employer Identification Number? What is an Employer Identification Number?
An Employer Identification Number is our official designation with the IRS. Our EIN is 27-3095103.
8) How can I help?
Lots of ways! We are always looking for more volunteers. Currently, we need volunteers for
- Finding alumni
- Planning the reunion
- Researching and writing grant proposals
- Helping run this website (and other technological projects)
- Fundraising, in many forms
- Contacting legislators at both the state and national levels
Please contact Maureen Ryan at email@example.com
if you would like to get involved.
A strong showing of support is crucial to all these efforts. Donations
, no matter how big or small, help us prove the value of PGSS. Testimonials
are also invaluable, so, if you haven't done so already, submit yours today.